Where do you draw the line between science and science fiction?
How do you discern if that NEW breakthrough is valid?
Why is it that the weird and bizarre technological advances always happen abroad?
Sometimes when I read about an exotic, life-giving plant or a holistic therapy that grows hair, I am reminded that all of the wacky National Enquirer stories take place in countries other than the United States.
So, when I was asked to review Nikken, a company made famous for using magnets to treat pain, I rolled my eyes and prepared to write a witty and scathing article on yet another scam that preyed on the hopes of the misfortunate.
Like any good journalist, I would do my research and find scores of complaints about the product not working, the science being shoddy and the company surrounded in a cloud of doubt. I figured it would take me about 3 hours to compile enough negative information to fill a textbook with the data on how this entire premise was bad science and deceptive business.
After 15 minutes, I changed my mind.
Most scientific studies do require double blind testing to insure purity and confidence that the hypothesis is true and that the placebo effect (where the thought of a cure is the cure) isn’t responsible for the results. After watching a video from Dr. Weintraub and reading his research on magnetic therapy for pain patients, my skepticism waned.
Dr. Michael Weintraub is a neurologist who specializes in pain management. Like me, curiosity got the best of him when he started to see anecdotal evidence supporting the totally wacky idea, that magnets could have an effect on human tissue.
Weintraub conducted a double-blind, placebo-controlled medical study to determine how magnets work in reducing Symptomatic Diabetic Neuropathy pain with their insoles. If you are interested in reviewing the report, you can find it in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Magazine, Vol.84 in May 2003.
Nikken may have started off with their research and application of magnetic therapy for people. However, their company philosophy has never been about magnets or even pain management. Their mission has always been wellness. In fact, their mission statement has been trademarked:
The 5 Pillars of Health™
This Company’s vision includes an understanding that total wellness rests on the 5 Pillars of Health. They classify these pillars as a Healthy Body, Mind, Family, Society and Finances. Balance in all of these areas can help produce a more healthy and satisfying lifestyle.
While it sounds obvious when you read it, not many companies encompass ALL 5 pillars in their business model. In fact, MLM companies are one of the rare industry segments that support a client’s needs for healthy finances AND a healthy body. Nearly all other business models can only support one or at best two of these segments.
Nikken supports all five.
In fact, their products have branched out from magnet therapy to include ion, infrared, air and water technology for a complete approach to wellness.
- Creating a healthy financial future for the family is a privilege for any distributor who applies himself consistently to the generous Nikken compensation plan.
- Supporting a healthy body was the cornerstone of their success. Even with thousands of detractors about magnetic therapy, Nikken pressed on and with the results of their clients as proof positive of their success, they were able to branch out into other areas of health.
- Developing a healthy mind is an ongoing journey for clients and distributors, alike. Nikken’s support system for their clients isn’t limited to physical products. Their documentation, support and coaching encompasses mind and body.
- Creating a healthy family is a natural extension of developing a sound financial fortress surrounded by healthy living. When a family has a healthy environment and reduced financial stress, they have a healthy team.
- The natural extension of a healthy family is a healthy society. Nikken doesn’t simply assume that a family’s health extends to their neighborhood. Through their strict use of recycled materials and reduced energy consumption, Nikken is creating a greener planet for all of us.
Of course, the journey to YOUR 5 pillars of health comes with an investment in yourself, be sure to register for MLM lead spot’s FREE newsletter to learn how getting a email box full of leads on a daily basis will create the life of your dreams.